Re: Unusual aroid found in greenhouse

bulbifer can have shocking pink edges, muelleri seedlings do. I'd guess
bulbifer - much more common and the leaf produces a tuber on the top which
can be ejected when it dies - (onto your greenhouse floor?)

At 05:14 PM 06/20/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello this is Brian Williams. This morning before work I was out in the
>greenhouse picking weeds and looking at the plants. When I found a most
>unusual aroid growing.  This looks very unusual It looks like an
>Amorphophallus with a white and brown stalk and green leafs. But on the edge
>of the leafs is a neon pink color that just looks amazing. Does anyone know
>what this maybe? I plan to post a few pictures of it as soon as possible. Of
>course the pot looked like it had another plant that died in it and were this
>thing came from I have no idea. Is their any forms of amorpho with this
>unusual neon pink color on the edges of the leafs?? THANKS
Michael Marcotrigiano
Rm 211 French Hall
Dept of Plant and Soil Sciences
Univ of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003  USA
voice: 413-545-5227
fax: 413-545-3075 att: Michael Marcotrigiano
email: marcotrigiano@pssci.umass.edu