Aroids at SIBG

  • Subject: Aroids at SIBG
  • From: magrysbo@shu.edu
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 10:17:32 -0500 (CDT)

2 weeks ago at Staten Island Botanic Gardens, sibg.org, at Snug Harbor
Cultural Center, Staten Island (Richmond County) - 1 of the 5 boroughs of
New York City, I saw only small patches of Arum italicum, Pinellia
tripartita, and 1 lone (but very nice) Arisaema triphyllum which looked
like it popped up where it didn't belong. C'mon folks! Even I have more
aroids (But suffering from a month of drought followed by 2 weeks of rain).
I must (we must) write to them and their Horticultural Director Mr. Greg
Lord:
sibginc@erols.com

Bonaventure W. Magrys
Cliffwood Beach, NJ