Re: Various Minimum Temperatures

  • Subject: Re: Various Minimum Temperatures
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:59:56 -0500 (CDT)

Howdy All,

Just a quick note to say Thanks for the information regarding
cold-hardiness of various aroids.

Has been a great help to me, particularly the information on the IAS site
(which I didn't know about).

Thanks to all who responded.  I now know there are far more aroids that I
can grow here outside <BIG GRIN>.  Now I just have to find them.

Out of interest.... what is the minimum temperature that anyone has grown
Amorphophallus paeonifolius outside without frost or cold protection?  Is
that with Snow cover or not (I think I've heard that Snow cover actually
helps insulate and isn't as bad as just plain cold?).

Thanks again Peoples.

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia.  USDA equivalent - Zone 8
mailto:ptyerman@ozemail.com.au

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Lilium, Aroids, Irises
plus just about anything else that doesn't move!!!!!