Titanum rearing question

  • Subject: Titanum rearing question
  • From: "Nyles" <metopium@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:03:24 -0500 (CDT)

Hello All!

This is my first year with a titanum tuber.
It's a 3 year old.

I've got 3 sprouts that seem to all be coming up.

I planted the tuber, and exposed the larger
potential sprouts to light by
digging out little trenches around them. As they
grew I filled in the soil.
Now they are all about a foot high and really
starting to grow the last
few days.

This was in an effort to get more leaf material for
trying to root
cuttings and tissue culture work.

The person who raised the tuber thought the reason multiple shoots were
coming up this year was because it was in a small pot for its size the year

So is this typical for more than one shoot to
As the tuber is absorbed, will I end up with 3
independent plants?
Do you all, familiar with Amorphs, think that it may still abort two?
Do you think exposing the small shoots to light had anything to do  with
further development?

I also have another amorpho question but I'll post it separately.

Many thanks!

Nyles in Arizona