Re: amorpho titanium pollen !!!

  • Subject: Re: amorpho titanium pollen !!!
  • From: magrysbo@shu.edu
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:10:28 -0500 (CDT)

Brian, You're making hybrids? Great. I guess for aroids the female flowers
are receptive as soon as the spathe opens, the males wait a while and then
shed pollen which then can be used.
Good luck!

"brian williams" <pugturd50@hotmail.com>@mobot.org on 06/13/2001 05:40:18

Please respond to aroid-l@mobot.org

Sent by:  aroid-l@mobot.org

To:   Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>

Subject:  amorpho titanium pollen !!!

Hello! I have a friend who has a basket ball size titanium. He just got the
bulb this year and it is getting ready to bloom. I would like to know what
size flower can he expect also does anyone have some pollen to spare to see
if he can produce some seeds? If you have any instructions to help him out
would be great. I have done a few hybrids but never used frozen pollen or
know which way is the best to cut on the titanium? Cut the whole spathe off
or just a square? also when she he do the pollen? THANKS Please e mail me