Re: Amorpho titanum crosses!!!

  • Subject: Re: Amorpho titanum crosses!!!
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:02:23 -0500 (CDT)

And if anyone even TRIES to get a Nightmare Aroid to miscagenate with my
beloved Peace Liles then the word rabid will get an entirely new meaning.
Jay put it so so well, so rightly.   Secure definitive SPECIES with
definitive origins and collecting data by adequate propagation before you
even consider your  grotesque "Island of Dr. Moreau" experiments!   Yes, to
me, the best hybrids of Spathiphyllum ARE wonderful, but I would give up ALL
aroids if I could not grow the original parent species.  More & more, it
seems to me that in future, hybrids need to be of very definitive pedigree.
Not content with haphazard hybridising from undocumented parentages, Spath
cultivars are more and more given fancy names different from original.
Maybe DNA analysis in a hundred years will sort out the mess.  Eduardo, if
an Amorpho copulates with a Lemna, we must sink, sink, sink and drown the
bloody thing else the putrid thing will cover us all.   Help to conserve &
propagate WILD scarce material first then play with it long enough in
private before you start your decadent miscagenations.  Three cheers for the
Dons Julius & Wilbert.   And that from a misbegotten who don't like
Amorphos!   No wonder Botanic Gardens are so cautious!    I wouldn't allow
custody of any the young plants here if I thought they would end up in
prostitution

Ferociously like a hybrid turbo-ed Piranha

Ron