Re: Info on Epipremnum spp.

  • Subject: Re: Info on Epipremnum spp.
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:03:22 -0500 (CDT)

And now some hardcore cultonomy to try and solve this problem:

In order to maintain the well-known cultivarname Epipremnum 'Aureum'
(whether this belongs to E. pinnatum or not is actually not essential in the
nomenclature of cultivars!!!), we could urge Peter to conserve the name E.
mooreense against E. aureum, so that the cultivar name 'Aureum' may keep on
keeping its well-known status. Howse zat for a practical solution?

Another "solution" would be to have the species E. aurem AND a cultivar
'Aureum' of that same species..... Somehow that doesn't sound ideal.

Wilbert (sticking his nose in climbing aroids for the first
time........auch!!!!)