Re: Harmful Fungus in Sphagnum Moss?

  • Subject: Re: Harmful Fungus in Sphagnum Moss?
  • From: "Jay Vannini" <interbnk@terra.com.gt>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:11:23 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Don:

I believe Sporotrichosis is the beast yer wondering about.

It is generally recommended that persons handling sphagnum shud wear rubber
gloves, particularly if they have any nicks or open wounds on your hands or

The CP FAQ at the Intnl. Carnivorous Plant Society
(www.carnivorousplants.org) has more info on this.

Good growing