Re: Why we breed what we breed (was: amorpho titanium pollen !!!)

  • Subject: Re: Why we breed what we breed (was: amorpho titanium pollen !!!)
  • From: "Bob Bob" <metopium@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:17:40 -0500 (CDT)

Hybridizing?
We're worried about the plant on our window or fish in out tanks being
hybridized?

Why not view it as evolving to live under the human condition?

No Bengal or Siberian tigers in the wild?
We'll certainly have white "Ziegfried and Roy" line bred- hybrids with us
for a long time!

Wild Dromedary camels...gone..a long time ago.
Nice to have the domestic ones around.
Bactrians... almost gone... couldn't find any in remote areas of the
Gobi.... Went to the city where I found tons of domestic Bactrian camels.

Put the domesticated Dromedary back in the wild? Why does Australia have a
feral domesticated camel "problem"?

What I don't want is Flounder genes in my camels to make them cold tolerant,
or jellyfish genes so I can find them at night.

So make your plant hybrids, and I'll buy them I'm sure.

I gotta go back to cleaning up some dried pigeon poop (Histoplasmosis- I
knew, eventually I'd use my degree in fungi! Thanks aroid-l !)

Nyles