Re: Harmful Fungus in Sphagnum Moss?

  • Subject: Re: Harmful Fungus in Sphagnum Moss?
  • From: Krzysztof Kozminski <kk@kozminski.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:17:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Jay Vannini wrote:

> Dear Don:
>
> I believe Sporotrichosis is the beast yer wondering about.
>
> It is generally recommended that persons handling sphagnum shud wear rubber
> gloves, particularly if they have any nicks or open wounds on your hands or
> forearms.

If you want to get yourself scared, see Sporotrichosis images at:
http://tray.dermatology.uiowa.edu/DermImag.htm

Number 4 is not to be viewing before or immediately after meals...

KK
"Microsoft is to software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking"

Krzysztof Kozminski
kk@kozminski.com
http://www.kozminski.com/