Re: Amorpho titanum crosses!!!

  • Subject: Re: Amorpho titanum crosses!!!
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:19:08 -0500 (CDT)

Geoff & other Friends!

Night starvation, so intermittent contributions to Aroid L have been b/w!
Sorry!  Man vs. Nature.  Hybrids vs. Species.  This is a MAJOR issue and
needs mighty informed dialogue even to begin.  As you say the Orchid people
have got it right with obligatory & inalienable hybrid registration which be
the same for all aroids. They are helped by all species coming under CITES
jurisdiction.  Therefore the species are "desirable", therefore merit
salvation by profitable propagation "controls".

Its just ought to be Man for Nature, not Nature for Man.  But carry on
regardless looking both ways with ostrich head in sand hoping everything
will be alright and this conversation will be as academic as the wild
species are in ten years or less.  But we'll still have our far more
desirable misbegotten hybrids with meaningless fancy names then won't we?
Neros fiddling whilst everything burns again?  All I can say is that this
"anthropocentric" approach just ain't right for Earth Custodians in the 21st
Century.  If you don't mind I'll take a little time out from mind dancing,
to fill heart, sharpen claws and load blunderbuss.

If you got News(1), any significant News(2) contributions chaps &
chappesses?

Ron