Re: Amorpho titanum crosses!!!

  • Subject: Re: Amorpho titanum crosses!!!
  • From: magrysbo@shu.edu
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 00:23:38 -0500 (CDT)

Lord P! (Do you really have that power?)
Please accept my apologies if I offend you. I promise to keep my dirty
hybridizer fingers away from your virginal stands of Amorphophallus's.
Future generations of cultivated Amorpho titanum will mature faster, grow
more quickly and more evenly, and be more amenable to artificial cultural
conditions and less specialized to a narrow ecological niche than wild ones
just because of artificial selection. The ones that bloom first and get
their seeds distributed among aficionados may not resemble ones that bide
their time and bloom at a larger size. Indeed, after several generations of
this we may have titanum seed to flowering time significantly reduced by
this process of selection.
If it really bothers you, don't open my messages.
BTW nice tubers you sent me. They're sprouting. I promise I won't mess with
your children.

------- The Mad Hybridizer

"Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>@mobot.org on 06/21/2001
12:02:59 PM

Please respond to aroid-l@mobot.org

Sent by:  aroid-l@mobot.org

To:   Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>

How about I ask the moderators to end your subscription.........

Lord P., in defense of pure-bred Amorphs!!!!!