amorphophallus pollen

  • Subject: amorphophallus pollen
  • From: "brian williams" <pugturd50@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:48:46 -0500 (CDT)

Hello! Well, it looks like I unintentionally steeped on a lot of toes. First
off the pollen was for a friend who has an Amorphophallus Titanium blooming
I wanted to try and get it to seed. I also wanted some tips on the best way
to pollinate the plant. Now for the hybrid thing. I do love species more and
love to keep my plants pure bread. But I do like my few cross breeds that
are truly unusual. I don't think anyone even the botanical gardens have all
species and no hybrids in their collections or growing somewhere in the
greenhouses. I think a few well documented hybrids are good and can satisfy
a lot of people wants. I do think their is an over kill of hybrids done
manly to spaths and caladium's as well as other aroids and non aroids. Now
that talk of konjac and titanium do make people think of a nice easy plant
to grow with a large flower and also it could be somewhat hardier as well.
These things sound wonderful even to me and I am sure others. It seems the
titanium's have reached the point of tissue culture and next is usually
hybrids LOL. All I would like to see is good naming and plant tagging on the

I have to like cross breading if not I probably be raising wolves not pugs.