Re: Line breeding vs hybridization

  • Subject: Re: Line breeding vs hybridization
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:50:15 -0500 (CDT)

Hear, hear, a TRUE cultonomist at word! Compliments Jim Langhammer! problem
will be that some of these long-standing Linnean binomials have a very
important status in legal documents and what not. We might as well try to
live with these entirely cultigenic things having a binomen. But a list must
be prepared and all those names then conserved for ever, so as not to change
them again. We sort of need to "mummify" those names and list them.