Re: Line breeding vs hybridization

  • Subject: Re: Line breeding vs hybridization
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 23:17:35 -0500 (CDT)

Which could only be mended if we would adapt evolutionary theory to include
a general theory on the origin of cultivars etc. Fine with me, but as long
as nobody does it, we're stuck with cultivars being man-made "products". If
we would not make a differencve between the context of human society and its
products and "nature" and its products, we might as well start classifying
china as part of geochemical theories on clay minerals etc. I don't think
we'd wanna do that (right now.....).

Wilbert