re: mystery Anthurium

  • Subject: re: mystery Anthurium
  • From: GeoffAroid@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 16:45:10 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question on the mystery Anthurium. The
concensus is that it is indeed A. willdenowii. I thought it resembled that
species (I had even grown one many, many years ago!) but for some reason I
had it in my mind that that species had pale lavender berries. I was
obviously thinking of something else since on checking what pics I could find
of willdenowii they certainly show deep purple berries - so mystery solved. I
(and the Living Rainforest garden) thank you very much.

Regards to all,
Geoffrey