Re: Making bulbils?

  • Subject: Re: Making bulbils?
  • From: Iza & Carol Goroff <goroff@idcnet.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 01:07:32 -0500 (CDT)

Bulbils in Lilium bulbiferum appear to be leaf buds which have the ability to grow roots, once planted. Stems which have axillary buds probably have the ability to produce plantlets if
laid on a suitable compost. I have a water lily 'Tina' which produces plantlets at the junction of the leaf petiole and leaf. One might search for such in Amorphophallus.

Iza Goroff
Whitewater Wisconsin USA zone 4b