Titanum leaf cuttings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Subject: Titanum leaf cuttings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • From: "brian williams" <pugturd50@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 09:59:58 -0500 (CDT)

I have a very good a reliable friend in Hawaii who has recently told me he
had been propagating his Amorphophallus Titanum. He said he got about 50
started. This sounded like something to talk about so I called him up to
discuss this. He has been taking cuttings from the leafs manly the mid rim.
Dipping them in hormone and putting them in a mix of peat and 60% perlite.
They were then placed under a misting table were the mist would turn on for
10seconds every 25 minutes.
He said later he got greedy and tried smaller cuttings they did not do as
well as the larger ones. He also said he has tried it with a few other forms
with no luck. Konjac manly.

I would love to give him all the credit on this but. I do think he would get
bombarded with e mails.