Re: AROID-L digest 2504 - amorph leaf cuttings/tc

  • Subject: Re: AROID-L digest 2504 - amorph leaf cuttings/tc
  • From: "Petra Schmidt" <petra@plantdelights.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:44:38 -0500 (CDT)

Hi John,
I've done the leaf cuttings with newly emerged leaf material and with older,
end of the season leaf material and both seem to respond the same, not all
successful but what survives will form a tuber and send up a leaf.  I've
swapped notes with other aroiders playing around with this and there's more
failures than successes, but I think placing cuttings under mist makes a
positive difference (cool moisture).  I've tried a few with and without
rooting hormones as well, no big difference seen there.  Again, I'm just
playing with these when I can afford the time and plant material.

Regarding the tissue culture amorphophallus...tubers are oddly shaped, more
flat-angular than spherical, most have nice roots, some have no roots, and
all show 2 nice leaves growing from the tuber...and now we'll see how they
adjust to the next transplanting stage...will keep you posted.
Petra