Synandrospadix

  • Subject: Synandrospadix
  • From: GeoffAroid@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:17:14 -0500 (CDT)

Dear aroiders,
I was at the Botanic gardens in Kew today and thanks to the kindness of the
staff there I was given a tour of the aroid houses. Among the many treasures
there, in full flower, were two magnificent specimens of Synandrospadix
vermitoxicus. The smell of the flowers was very unusual, like an intense and
concentrated mushroom odour, not particularly unpleasant and I would imagine
attractive to fungus gnats. I cant wait till my own seedlings reach such
perfection! For anyone who wishes to see the photo I took its posted at: <A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/Geoffaroid/synandrospadix.jpg";>
http://members.aol.com/Geoffaroid/synandrospadix.jpg</A>

Best wishes,
Geoffrey Kibby