chain store treasures

  • Subject: chain store treasures
  • From: "Michael Pascall" <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 10:51:52 -0500 (CDT)

I visited a few other Aroid collectors down in Townsville
and spied a very well grown Philodendron goeldii .
Imagine my surprise to find out it had come from the local hardware store !
Couldn't leave fast enough , and raced down to buy all they had left at the
bargain price of $7 AU [only $3.50 US]
Of course it was not named correctly , a ridiculous
name like 'Fan Tan' or sumfinklikthat .

All other Aussie Aroiders be on the lookout for this bargain [if you like

I know they will grow well for me , but I wonder how tolerant this sp. is of
the cold ?.

Michael Pascall,