Re: [aroid-l] Alocasia portei

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Alocasia portei
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 19:16:19 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <pmdes@ionet.co.za>
To: <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 11:21 AM

If it is fertile (is this not a hybrid??) just take the pollen from the
spadix an older bloom using a moist squirrel-hair brush and apply it to the
female (lowest) portion of the spadix of ANOTHER and younger bloom that is
JUST beginning to open (use a razor blade to carefully cut the spathe and so
expose the spadix), then enclose the whole bloom w/ saran (plastic) wrap to
keep the moisture in for a few days-one week, (do NOT keep the plant in the
full sun).   Let us know if you have success!

Good Luck,

Julius> Hi Everybody,