Re: [aroid-l] potting medium for Anthurium

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] potting medium for Anthurium
  • From: Jill Bell jbell_buxton@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 07:16:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Tsuy Yang,
How are you?
I will give you a suggestion if you want to use orchid
mix, what I would do is add about 40-50% soiless mix
with plenty of perlite to it.  I think that drainage
is essential.  The transition between seedling in
spaghnum and plant by itself in mix is going to be
touchy for a bit, so you may want to use a sprayer to
keep the top level of the soil moist without rotting
the roots.
Just what I would do.  What kind of seeds are they?
Best Regards,
Jill Bell

Do you Yahoo!?