Re: [aroid-l] what does inflorescence mean?

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] what does inflorescence mean?
  • From: Leslie Georgeson skinnychick2@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:02:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Nancy,
An inflorescence is basically a flower, or, to be more descriptive, "the manner of development and arrangement of flowers on a stem."  Also called a "flower cluster."  As far as I know (and my knowledge is thus far limited), A. Titanum is the largest flower in the world.

SongString@aol.com wrote:
What does inflorescence mean? It reminds me of something that glows in the
dark, but that can't be right. I know the flower of the A.Titanum is the
largest inflorescence, but does that mean there is another flower that is larger in
the world, because it is not categorized as an inflorescence?

If there is a larger flower than the A. titanum, what is it?

Do you Yahoo!?