Re: [aroid-l] What does inflorescence mean?

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] What does inflorescence mean?
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" hetter@worldonline.nl
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 19:37:55 +0200

To be clear: this answer was not directed towards anyone in particular but
it is true that the answers were too diverse to answer somebody properly.
There is no trouble when somebody quotes from a book. You don't have to be
an authority for that and it works. That is where books are for.
(incidently, it surprises me that nobody quoted the genera of Araceae on
this!!! The book we all should have............).

My own policy is simple: if I am not sure, I either keep silent or admit
that I give a possibly dubious answer.

So, I would say that first believe the authorities (what a nauseating word,
actually) and when they fail.......well.....
errrrrr..... what then? make an "educated" guess at it? Is that satisfying?
Not in my world it isn't. But hey, there are many worlds......

Wilbert