Re: [aroid-l] Pycnospatha arietina

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Pycnospatha arietina
  • From: "Albert Huntington" amh@ieee.org
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:15:26 -0500

Hi Nancy,

  I keep mine on the warm side of my greenhouse - maybe 65 at
night, days 85+, humidity 60%+.  Gets a medium amount of light,
but grows like it wants more.  Water every day, but medium is a
loose and well draining mixture.  It's in a 1 gallon pot and
flowers each year.  It also goes dormant occasionally, though not
necessarily following the seasons.  It puts off a ton of really
tiny tubers, which do sprout when separated from the main plant -
kind of like Dracontium.

--Albert