Re: [aroid-l] Pycnospatha arietina

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Pycnospatha arietina
  • From: "Chanrit Sinhabaedya" siamanthus@hotmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:09:15 +0000

Dear Nancy,

Pycnospatha arietina are found in East Thailand where it rains in early May to late September. I have seen them growing in the wild in varied conditions. They grow in shady areas to areas much exposed to the sun. They can be found in various types of soils like sandy-clay to loam and humus rich. When growing them, they would flourish in well drained and humus rich soils. They are very easy to grow and would flower well even in low-nutrition soil. You will find that even a tubercle thrown into the ground would grow well.

Chanrit Sinhabaedya
Bangkok, Thailand.