Re: [aroid-l] Philo. Simondsii

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Philo. Simondsii
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 09:22:24 +0000

>From: "hanson, skip" <hanson_skip@emc.com>
>To: "'aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu'" <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
>Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Philo. Simondsii
>Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:30:46 -0400

Dear Skip,

Dewey is a friend of mine and also was a friend of Monroe, so your plant came from Dr. Birdsey`s collection which was collected on Trinidad, W.I.!   No need for a photo, I know the plant well! Enjoy, and yes, it needs a totem to grow on, a 5" dia. roll of chicken-type wire packed very tightly (use a broom-stick to ram the sphagnum tightly) and kept moist works well.

Good Growing,