[aroid-l] Missing Lasioids from Fairchild Gdns., Miami

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Missing Lasioids from Fairchild Gdns., Miami
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:11:44 +0000

Dear Friends,
A quick note to see if there is anyone out there who can perhaps help me solve a mystery---a couple years ago I gave some rare, wild-collected Urospathas to the then Curator of aroids at Fairchild Gardens in Miami, my friend Craig Allen.    Some may recall my note to this list saying how amazed I was when I saw the plants the following year in such good shape.    More recently when the news got out of Craig`s departure from Fairchild, I asked a good friend in Miami with close ties to Fairchild if he could be so kind as to locate these plants, as I had hoped to request their return to me as no one there as far as I knew had an interest in this group of plants.    He did a dilegent search, but there is no sign of these distinctive plants, nor others in that family that I know were there, such as some hybrid Cyrtospermas, plants of C. cuspidispathum, Lasia spinosa, etc., not even their empty pots. labels, etc which sho! uld have been easy to locate---these were substantial plants!
Does anyone 'out there' have ANY information on where these plants might have gotten to or who might have been given them???
Good Growing!
Julius Boos,
WPB,
Florida.