[aroid-l] ebook fraud

  • Subject: [aroid-l] ebook fraud
  • From: "G. D. M." <doji@interpac.net>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:24:58 -1000

To add to the list of dastardly deeds, the picture of "Alocasia Gold" at the end of his "More Photos Of This Plant"  http://alocasiaaddict.com/part2/gold2.html is a direct lift from the Tropical Nurseries web page in Thailand.  I have notified them at their web site.

On the item "Philodendron (TRI-LOBE) Aroid Plant" he lists the location as Islamorada, Florida.  According to MapQuest, there is only one nursery in Islamorada, FL.  But on Dave's Garden site it states that the author (is in) Interlachen, FL., a distance of over 400 miles.

  An interesting and telling thread he started is at http://davesgarden.com/t/429058/  In brief, he states that  "I got kicked out of gardenweb..." and, "I was a member for a whole day."  I am not a paying member of either of these sites, so could not follow the thread.

The page with the list of plants indicating photos is:  http://www.alocasiaaddict.com  anyone who has posted pictures should look over these offerings to see if they too have been plagiarized.

Gary, who works hard and honestly at expanding his collection and knowledge.