[Aroid-l] Leaf fertilization - A.titanum 'ghost'

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Leaf fertilization - A.titanum 'ghost'
  • From: Baumfarn Webmaster webmaster@baumfarn.at
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:56:24 +0200

A friend of me and I growed some A.titanum from seeds.

Both of us have one pale (he) and one nearly pale (I) plant.
Both plants are about to unfolding dear leafes now.
But due to the (nearly) completely missing of any green pigmentation probably the photosynthesis wouldn't take effect. (I hope this is still english? ;-) )
How can we avoid that these plants are dying?
My first guess, was fertilization with a fertilizer with low NPK but high trace elements (eg: ferric elements). But I think to get those over the root system, the plant would need a running photosynthesis.
My 2nd thought was to do some direct leaf fertilization.
Could this work?
Had anyone ever tried to do leaf fertilization on Amorphs (or close related other aroids)?

PS. What is latin for ghost? spiritus? Would be Amorphophallus titanum spiritus :-))

Baumfarne & Aronstäbe: http://www.baumfarn.at/treefern (http://www.baumfarn.at)
Amorphophallus network: http://www.amorphophallus.baumfarn.at/

Aroid-l mailing list