[Aroid-l] Don't miss this opportunity

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Don't miss this opportunity
  • From: Betsy Feuerstein ecuador@midsouth.rr.com
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 21:37:57 -0500

Hi All,

I think something has royally slipped by this group of avid aroid collectors. Dr. Croat mentioned in the Newsletter and again on this discussion group that he was selling some extra plants from Missouri's fabulous collection. Every dime of the money raised is used by Dr. Croat in his research and trips. I was up there a few weeks ago and there were some really wonderful  aroids up on the chopping block. I would highly suggest that those of you who are interested contact one of the two email addresses below so they can send a list to you of what is available. I was told some duplicates in the research collection were to be sold. In that case, we are talking some really good size plants. What an opportunity to get some really rare plants at reasonable prices and to help Dr Croat with his work which we all benefit from. I spoke to Emily in the greenhouse today and she says few of you have sent a request for the list of what is available and the prices.

Hey guys, what is up? I know it is hot, but to be able to get some of these really rare plants correctly identified is a absolutely fabulous opportunity. It has been years since Dr Croat has done anything like this. Missouri needs space and now is your opportunity to snag some really rare aroids for your collections.

The two Emilys are in charge of this effort, Emily Tom's left hand person and Emily in the research greenhouse. You can contact either one of them and if you have questions, you can contact Dr Tom.

Nothing to lose and a heck of a lot to gain. What an opportunity!!!!!!

Emily.Yates@mobot.org
emily.colletti@mobot.org.