Re: [Aroid-l] Julius Boos and Edible Aroids

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Julius Boos and Edible Aroids
  • From: Regferns@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:38:52 EDT

An Invitation:
Not that the entire aroid world can come to Miami, BUT, at this month's meeting (June 27), of the Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society, Master Chef Julius Boos will dazzle us with his culinary expertise.  For a couple of seasons, we've been able to snag Julius to do one of his sumptuous dinners, and so we proudly and gratefully welcome him to prepare a gastronomic feast featuring a few types of aroids.  Our menu will include curried chicken w/ Xanthosoma instead of potatoes, a shepherd's pie w/ dasheen (Colocasia e. esculenta) topping, and eddoes (Colocasia e. antiquorum) w/ fried fish/rice.  (Hopefully with all of the rain we've had recently, there might be some ripe Monstera deliciosa fruit.)
For those of you who are interested, we meet at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Road, Miami, Florida.  Our meeting will begin around 7:30 p.m. The date is Monday, June 27.
Reggie Whitehead
South Miami, FL
Aroid-l mailing list