[Aroid-l] Arum trading season

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Arum trading season
  • From: "C. J. Addington" cjaddington@earthlink.net
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:58:02 -0700

Hello Fellow Aroiders!
    Hopefully everyone is having a great week. My school's graduation was on
Friday, and I finally finished all those report cards and end-of-year
garbage and now can start my summer vacation - so my week is quite good!
    I know that many people on here are primarily interested in the
charismatic megaflora - the Titans and whatnot - but I am more interested in
the smaller beauties, in particular the species of the genus Arum. My own
Arum collection has now slipped into dormancy, and all that remains are the
ripening fruit clusters, so it is time to trade!
    I am eagerly looking for anyone growing Arums who would like to discuss
sales or trades of offsets or spare corms. I have many different offsets
that I can offer in trade, including some of the more unusual ones like A.
palaestinum, A. sintenisii, A. hygrophilum and A. purpureospathum, as well
as many others.
    I am especially looking for a few particular species, namely A. alpinum,
A. byzantinum, A. rupicola and A. hainesii ( a guy can dream can't he? ),
but would also be very interested in any unusual color morphs or phenotypic
morphs of common species, as well as any particularly vigorous clones of any
species.
    If you already have the species I have, I would be perfectly willing to
discuss cash purchases and paying for shipping.
    So . . . If you have a prize clump of Arum, I'd love to talk to you
about it, as well as sharing mine!  : )

Looking forward to talking to all the Arum growers! Happy growing and have a
great Father's Day everyone!

Cheers,

C.J. Addington
Citrus Heights, CA