Re: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus titanum in OKC

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus titanum in OKC
  • From: Walter Greenwood walterg@nauticom.net
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 18:39:57 -0400

When you go back, walk in and ask to see the "huge penis flower". Now THAT might have some real marketing value!

Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>

Incidentally, re the question on names ... when we went in, I asked "Is the Amorphophallus titanum in a public area?" and the person running the desk said "The what? Oh, is that the stinky plant?". The security guard knew both "Titan arum" and "corpse flower", but only the docent knew the scientific name and I never heard him use it when talking to anyone but us. There were a number of people who had apparently come in just to view the titanum.

This close, we'll definitely go over again when it opens.

-- Steve Marak

Aroid-l mailing list