Re: [Aroid-l] Plant being sold as Anthurium titanum

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Plant being sold as Anthurium titanum
  • From: "Steve Lucas Exotic Rainforest" steve@exoticrainforest.com
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 16:28:45 -0500

Thanks!  The seller admitted she was incorrect.  The actual name is Anthurium titanium with an "i".  Anthurium "titanum" does not exist scientifically.  Anthurium titanium (with an i) can be found on both TROPICOS and The International Plant Names Index.  The photos on TROPICOS and scientific description match the plant being sold exactly.

Steve Lucas