[Aroid-l] Anthurium lilacinum fruiting

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Anthurium lilacinum fruiting
  • From: Steve Marak samarak@gizmoworks.com
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 22:55:16 -0500 (CDT)

I was given several small plants of A. lilacinum 15 or so years ago. There was
apparently some confusion with this name, in which it was applied to what is
now A. amnicola. But since I got these plants from Tom Croat, I'm pretty
confident these are the real thing.

They looked very small and innocent in their 3" pots, but like Audrey II,
they've grown a bit since then. (Just how big do these things get, anyway?)

Anyway, they've flowered off and on for years now, but an agreeable pollinator
must have wandered by recently, because there are berries ripening. Assuming
there really are seeds in there, does anyone want any of them?

If so, please reply off list ....

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com
Aroid-l mailing list