[Aroid-l] Update on Philippine Alocasias
- Subject: [Aroid-l] Update on Philippine Alocasias
- From: George Yao firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:46:28 +0800
I thought Alocasia enthusiasts would like to hear the latest updates
on Philippine Alocasias based on research being conducted by Melanie
Medecilo, whom some of you have met.
1. She is now describing the Bat Alocasia which she will name A. advinculae.
2. She found A. 'Sarian' in habitat in the Sierra Madre in
northeastern Luzon. Together with other findings, this indicates that
A. 'Sarian' is a species, which she will describe soon.
3. She saw several species in habitat, including A. sanderiana in
Bukidnon province in northern Mindanao.
4. She is studying a population of the true A. atropurpurea in Bontoc
in Northern Luzon. We will soon find out more about this little-known species.
5. She found several Alocasias that she considers to be new species.
She is now conducting DNA and palynological studies to confirm her suspicions.
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.8.4/364 - Release Date: 6/14/2006
Aroid-l mailing list
Other Mailing lists |
Author Index |
Date Index |
Subject Index |