Re: [Aroid-l] Is this a Epipremnum?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Is this a Epipremnum?
  • From: "Peter Boyce" <botanist@malesiana.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 18:12:48 +0800

Hi Michael,

When juvenile the leaves of E. giganteum are often rippled in this manner. Once it is larger, the leaves tend to be smooth.

Monsteroid climbers, even in different genera, often look rather similar so I would need to see a photograph of the plant in the Kampong in order to have a chance of id-ing it.

Amydrium zippellanum is the same as A. magnificum; this is VERY distinctive and if the plant in the Kampong looks like E. giganteum then it is certainly NOT A. zippelianum.

If you can send me an image I will have a go at naming.

Very best

Pete