Re: RE: [Aroid-l] Id please: Anthurium tissumi ???

  • Subject: Re: RE: [Aroid-l] Id please: Anthurium tissumi ???
  • From: Baumfarn Webmaster <webmaster@baumfarn.at>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:05:35 +0200

Dear Tom,
yes, I cheked the name too and couldn't find anything similar.

locality = Ecuador (At least it was told to me to be so (And I hope this is still something similar to english ;-)))
Blade = Blatt [ger] yes
inflorescence = don't have any
What are cataphylls ??

Tom Croat wrote:

Dear Peter:

            There is no such name and unfortunately there are scores of species that look like this based on your photo.  I suspect you have no locality but if you did that would help. Also can you not take pictures showing the blades close up, the stem with the cataphylls and an inflorescence if one exists.

Tom Croat, P. A. Schulze Curator of Botany

Missouri Botanical Garden

Box 299, St. Louis, Missouri 63116

(314) 577-5163

Please send images to our FTP Server.