Re: [Aroid-l] Is Philodendron bipennifolium formerly knownasPhilodendron panduriforme?

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Is Philodendron bipennifolium formerly knownasPhilodendron panduriforme?
  • From: "ExoticRainforest" <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 21:19:55 -0500

Julius gave me a very good description of P. panduriforme which painted a pretty vivid photo in my mind.  But your photo in Aroideana 9 made it crystal clear.  I've found quite a few references recently that appear to claim P. panduriforme is a synonym of P. bipennifolium.  Hopefully, with your help, Julius assistance, and David's photo, that one can now be put to rest.