Re: [Aroid-l] mystery Amorphophallus

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] mystery Amorphophallus
  • From: Ken Mosher <ken@spatulacity.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:00:56 -0400

Maybe an unhealthy specimen of Am. asterostigmatus. Their petiole coloring varies greatly and the base color is what I call grayish.

Geoffrey Kibby wrote:
Hi all,

On eBay at the moment (in the international lists) there is an Amorph sp. listed from Thailand (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bulb-of-AMORPHOPHALLUS-SPP-rare-Plant_W0QQitemZ180129811412QQihZ008QQcategoryZ2033QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) which has a very pale, almost ivory coloured stem speckled with minute brown spots. Anyone recognise what species this is? I have one and would be interested to know your thoughts on the matter.

Geoffrey Kibby
Aroid-l mailing list