RE: [Aroid-l] amydrium humile

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] amydrium humile
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:58:36 +0000

From : 	Michael Mahan <agavestar@covad.net>
Sent : 	Friday, June 22, 2007 6:11 AM
To : 	"'Discussion of aroids'" <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : 	RE: [Aroid-l] amydrium humile

Dear Mike,

A couple QUICK suggestions---almost as soon as the spathe opens, it should reflex and then detach and DROP OFF, so have your camera ready and take photos of the events as they happen. Do you have more than one bloom developing? If so, let me know and we can try hand pollinating the SECOND bloom w/ pollen collected from the first. If you only have one bloom, the chances are slim, but SOME aroids will produce a seed or two with NO pollination, so wait and see!

The Best,

Has NOT opened yet but will post the shots when it does , I have about 4 or five divisions of it now but the mother is the one blooming .. any chance of setting seed ?? I got it from Dewey years ago ?<<