RE: [Aroid-l] amydrium humile

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] amydrium humile
  • From: "Michael Mahan" <agavestar@covad.net>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:01:07 -0700

I have 4 blooms &  counting  She"s a happy camper !! ones about to pop .

Julius Wrote>>>

Dear Mike,

A couple QUICK suggestions---almost as soon as the spathe opens, it should
reflex and then detach and DROP OFF, so have your camera ready and take
photos of the events as they happen.
Do you have more than one bloom developing?   If so, let me know and we can
try hand pollinating the SECOND bloom w/ pollen collected from the first.
If you only have one bloom, the chances are slim, but SOME aroids will
produce a seed or two with NO pollination, so wait and see!

The Best,

Julius