Re: A. titanum at UC Berkeley's Botanical Garden

  • Subject: Re: A. titanum at UC Berkeley's Botanical Garden
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 09:59:17 +0000

> Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 21:07:27 +0800
> To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
> From: gcyao@mydestiny.net
> Subject: [Aroid-l] A. titanum at UC Berkeley's Botanical Garden

Dear George,

Thanks for sharing these remarkable photos with all of us.   It is amazing to see an infructesence of this rare species in cultivation surrounded by a ''security wall'' for its protection!  Jim Symon would be SO proud to see his ''grandkids'' (or "great-grandkids"?) developing, actually they look NEARLY ripe!
A question---does anyone know where the pollen was obtained to ''do the deed'' on this plant??   In other words, who is the ''baby daddy'' to these fruits!

The Best,

Julius