Re: ID on Philodendron

  • Subject: Re: ID on Philodendron
  • From: "criswick" <criswick@spiceisle.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 17:42:48 -0400

The name is actually Angra dos Reis , and not Agra dos Reis.  This common name is applied to a Philodendron illustrated in Exotica, and I have no idea as to the plant’s true identity.  However I have a plant in my collection which might be it.  I must say that I didn’t think that the plant in your photo, Steve, looked at all like Angra dos Reis.  But it is, I suppose, a lead, and one might see where it goes.

John Criswick.