Re: ID on Philodendron

  • Subject: Re: ID on Philodendron
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:31:48 -0400

Steve I cannot say for sure but this looks similar to plants I grew from seed from Brazil as eximium. Which were later IDed as Agra dos Reis. I now have what looks to be exactly the same plant that was collected in Brazil as my seedlings and it is tagged as cordifolium. I know they are not eximiums but am now confused if they are Agra dos Reis or cordifolium. Either way they are beautiful species.
I have photos of the seedlings and mature plants if interesting in seeing more. Thanks.

ExoticRainforest wrote:
Can any of you give me a possible ID on this Philodendron?  The lrgest leaves are currently approximately 10 inches and I've had it for two years.  As you can see, some of the leaves are bicolorous.  It is kept in moderately low light so the color changes have little to do with the sunlight.  The upper side of the blade is glossy, bottom is slightly matte.  The plant has slightly red aerial roots.  The tag vanished so any possible ID would at least start me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Steve Lucas