Re: ID on Philodendron

  • Subject: Re: ID on Philodendron
  • From: "Marcus Nadruz" <mnadruz@jbrj.gov.br>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 08:49:09 -0300

Dear friends,
Certainly the species is neither eximium and not cordatum, but remembers very P. scandens, differing slightly because of yellow spots on some leaves.
Marcus
> Steve I cannot say for sure but this looks similar to plants I grew from
> seed from Brazil as eximium. Which were later IDed as Agra dos Reis. I
> now have what looks to be exactly the same plant that was collected in
> Brazil as my seedlings and it is tagged as cordifolium. I know they are
> not eximiums but am now confused if they are Agra dos Reis or
> cordifolium. Either way they are beautiful species.
> I have photos of the seedlings and mature plants if interesting in
> seeing more. Thanks.
>
> ExoticRainforest wrote:
>
> > Can any of you give me a possible ID on this Philodendron?  The lrgest
> > leaves are currently approximately 10 inches and I've had it for two
> > years.  As you can see, some of the leaves are bicolorous.  It is kept
> > in moderately low light so the color changes have little to do with
> > the sunlight.  The upper side of the blade is glossy, bottom is
> > slightly matte.  The plant has slightly red aerial roots.  The tag
> > vanished so any possible ID would at least start me in the right
> > direction.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Steve Lucas
> > www.ExoticRainforest.com <http://www.ExoticRainforest.com>

> --

Marcus A. Nadruz Coelho
Pesquisador Titular III
Diretoria de Pesquisas
Instituto de Pesquisas Jardim Botanico do Rio de
Janeiro/MMA
21 32042144
(http://www.jbrj.gov.br)