Philodendron sagittifolium at female anthesis!

  • Subject: Philodendron sagittifolium at female anthesis!
  • From: "ExoticRainforest" <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 22:00:00 -0500

9:30PM Saturday night. Last ones tonight unless I wake up in the middle of the night!

Does anyone see what I see happening to the color red? It appears to be lightening. The rotation continues. The mint smell to the pheromone is stronger while the musk is weaker. No female flowers ever observed. My guess is if beetles were present they would be taking up residence inside for the night. Free warm hotel if you will. I don't know if i'll see female anteses or pollination. The spathe is closing.
Does anyone know if this is a species that closes the tube to capture the beetles and force them to coplulate and pollinate inside the tube?  I recently read of that happening.  Marc?  Tom?  Julius?
Steve Lucas

Aroid-L mailing list