Re: Dr. Croat's review of the information provided on the inflorescene of Philodendron sag

  • Subject: Re: Dr. Croat's review of the information provided on the inflorescene of Philodendron sag
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:37:50 +0000

> From: Steve@exoticrainforest.com
> To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
> Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:00:02 -0500
> Subject: [Aroid-l] Dr. Croat's review of the information provided on the inflorescene of Philodendron sagittifolium

Dear Steve,

An excellent page.   This should put to rest any nasty letters, but probably will not.   Just igore them.  Also, you don`t need to explain ANYTHING about your photos quality, they are GREAT and do exactly the job they were intended to!!
Please change the word "she" to "her'' where I speak about Deni Bown`s book.   I`d also explain that the photo of a scrab is of a GIANT scrab, probably a female Megasoma sp.(?), which feed on rotting fruit and the fermenting flows from cracks in certain trees) and NOT one of the smaller Cyclocephala sps. which do pollinate Philodendrons and other aroids.   There is an excellent photo of many Cyclocephaline scarabs on a Philodendron bloom in an early Aroideana, why not find it, ask permission, and use it in your article/page??  Or you can refer readers to it?
Must rush off, so we shall talk later.

The Best,

> All the information posted on this forum regarding my photographs of the spathe of Philodendron sagittifolium has now been reviewed by aroid botanist Dr. Tom Croat of the Missouri Botanical Garden. Dr. Croat has added significant information to the webpage in addition to that provided by Julius. Additional input has been provided by Leland Miyano.
> If you care to read the information on the production of a Philodendron spathe and spadix and see all the photographs in an organized fashion, the webpage is here:
> http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Philodendron%20sagittifolium%20inflorescence.html
> My sincere thanks to Dr. Croat for taking the time to provide input as well as review my material. I do appreciate as well the assistance of Julius and Leland.
> Steve Lucas
> www.ExoticRainforest.com
Aroid-L mailing list